Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Permatang Pauh Last Ceramah And We Wait!

I just got back from the ceramah held at Jalan Bahru and also the last for this Permatang Pauh by election.

Many famous blogs have already make some comments on this ceramah and I will just provide some details of what I saw and my conversations with some of the voters.

Al-Azeera camera crew was there and I spoke to one of them who in turn try to play dumb by asking me about this by election. I gave him straight to the point that many people are really frustrated with the present government and they can still stay in power is because they are not practicing true democracy.

The crowd start to grow at around 8:15pm and streams of cars and motorcycles keep coming in. The main road was jam right up to the north south highway. People just keep pouring in and slowly the open space was packed and many have to move to the adjacent field which was supposed to act as the car park area.

The usual intimidation by the helicopter occurs when CM Lim Guan Eng was speaking. The heavy drizzle did not stop more people from coming in. My estimation for the crowd tonight is around 12 to 15 thousands.

I managed to speak to a few people and get their opinion of what would be the result tomorrow. All agree that Anwar will win but with a reduce majority obtained by Kak Wan. They said that umno machineries have somehow mananged to change some voter minds into believing the sodomy case and Saiful swearing. Most of them are from the rural areas and not that educated.

I talk to a local malay and ask him the one question that is on my mind for a long time and dare not ask. I ask him "do you malay really hate the chinese". I told him that not all chinese are rich and we do not really mind if the government helps the malay. We chinese stand on our own and work hard to be what we are today. He answer back, "no we do not hate the chinese, it is umno's fault. umno is the one to blame for all this race division and hate among each other." I rest my case!

Voters of Permatang Pauh, tomorrow the future of the country is in your hands. So vote wisely and ensure that Anwar's is return with a greater majority.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It would be a MISTAKE for voters to chose PKR! Anwar lacks the skill to lead the country as PM. I shall take my money and RUN>>RUN>>> if he gets voted in.